No Reader Interview Today
I'm rather shocked that Sunday is already here. Where did the week go?! Sorry about lack of blogging yesterday and, partly, today. Will is home. He's been away all week taking part in a sailing race somewhere between Cornwall and the bottom of Ireland. I admit there was a hic-cup with his homecoming yesterday - he spent some twenty minutes bashing his forehead on our front door because I forgot to take the door chain off and I was deeply asleep [you know those old jokes about sleepers and earthquakes? It's the case with me]. He said the worst moment was when he looked through the letter box and saw our cats and dog sitting in the hallway, staring back. Will was so exhausted that he couldn't be bothered to kick the door to wake me up or such. He rang J.R. who lives nearby to see if he was in. He wasn't. He had an option to go over to Carl's but he couldn't be bothered, so he just sat on the doorstep and waited. Apparently a few minutes later, a neighbour took pity on him and invited him in for a cuppa and a nap. At that point, one of cats sat on my head, forcing me to wake up. I was about to kick the cat off the bed when I heard voices outside the front door. I staggered out of the bed into the hallway and opened the door. There he was, on the doorstep, and a bemused neighbour hovering nearby. Oops. As soon as he closed the door behind him, he started laughing and said even though he'd love to strangle me, it was good to be home. He just wanted real food, a good bed, a hot shower, and a lot of attention. Not necessarily in that order. Before I could ask which he'd like, he staggered and fell onto bed and tried to go to sleep. I talked him into agreeing to get out of his sailing clothes before he could stagger into slumberland, but he was so tired that he actually fell asleep while I dragged his jacket off him. Poor mite. A couple of hours later, he ambled into the living room and just said one word: "Food". He shared quite a few nice anecdotes - dolphins in the Irish sea; the joy of passing the Fastnet rock; a helicopter filming a mile of racing yachts below; and, at the marina in Plymouth - an attractive woman in bikini fussed around on her boat, not realising that one of her boobs popped out of the cup, to mucho delight of many men who watched her from their moored boats. Will said that when the woman realised what was happening, she quickly popped her breast back into the cup and, without a glance up, scurried into the cabin below. As I type this, Will is snoozing in his chair with three cats soundly asleep in his lap and Berlin the dog under his feet. :) He did complain that he's one giant bruise, but I can see that he's truly happy that he's reached the finishing line on Friday, putting his team in the, I think, 23rd place in the overall results. Yay! Anyway, I have managed to collect some links from an archived copy of old McVane for the sidebar on the right. :D I'll return tomorrow with some romancebook-related rambles, I promise. Thanks. :) Link of the Day: Return of the Other King. Be good, be bad & be safe.

2 Comments:
It sounds like Will had a great time. I lock my husband out on a regular basis, it's not really locking my husband out as much as locking our son in, we've got locks on windows too (caught Junior trying to climb out the living room front window while I was cooking dinner a few weeks ago--"But, Mom there are big kids playing on the street...")
8/14/2005 02:56:00 pm
Tara - Heheheh. Will read your comment and winced in sympathy for your hubby. He said if I locked him out as oft as you did, he'd remove the door lock. :D
8/16/2005 06:51:00 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home