Monday, March 13

Out of Print Books

Are there any out-of-print romance novels you'd love to get your mitts on? My current list:

  • The Light Fantastic - Peggy Nicholson About three years ago, at RT's Book Sleuth, I described a book as I couldn't remember the title nor its author and to my shock, someone managed to recognise and identify it as Nicholson's The Light Fantastic. I searched for a copy since because this book sparked my interest in 'quest'-type stories, which have characters using clues to track down an object. The The Da Vinci Code sort, but The Light Fantastic is a Harlequin romance that was released during the '80s. It basically introduced me to the like of Katherine Neville's The Eight.
Oh, hey. The gas man is finally here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Is Katherine Neville's The Eight any good? I bought a copy of it last December, but haven't read it yet.

I'd like to try Sherrilyn Kenyon's early OOP books.

3/13/2006 07:07:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the lovely thing about the internet, as long as you've a title, you can eventually get the book.
On the other hand, second-hand bookshopping is much less thrilling than before.
I'm glomming Carla Kelly, and I'm looking for a copy of 'Miss Milton...'. [There are lots in the US, and in the end I'll probably do the sums & pay the shipping, but it just seems so silly to pay that for a paperback.]

3/13/2006 07:30:00 pm

 
Blogger Bob & Muffintop said...

I'm glad you're not freezing anymore. Er..why did you have to have someone come light it? I've relit our heater a few times. VERY CAREFULLY, LOL.

Not realy glomming ony OOPs right now. Last time I did I compared prices & shipping etc before ordering. Ended up getting a book from the UK for $10 less than Stateside.

3/14/2006 03:09:00 am

 
Blogger lost said...

Nicole - I enjoyed THE EIGHT. It's quite dated now [it was written in 1970s, I think, and it shows], but it's still a good yarn, which is surprising because it's largely revolved around chess and maths - both are my personal nemesises. THE EIGHT does have a couple of plot problems, but if you can tolerate problems found in, say, THE DA VINCI CODE and similar works, then you should be able to tolerate those in THE EIGHT.

Marianne - ah, the internet, yeah. :) Why not join Sybil's book trade group? I think Cranky Reader has the link to the group at her blog. 'Books Lost and Found', I think it's called. Go on, you might get addicted. :D

Amanda - I'm glad I'm not freezing any more, either. :D The boiler is encased. See the explanation in earlier post. Is there any OOP books that should be reissued?

3/14/2006 04:06:00 pm

 
Blogger sybil said...

hmmmmm OOP?

WElllllllll there is this author you see, who has been around a while. And have about three books I really really want.

And there is this blogger you see, one I adore more than I could tell you, who had these very very hard to find books. Without even trying to get them... yes you see where this story is going? :) I have gotten my hands on one of them but still need two.

And Lisa Kleypas has about three OOP before Avon, I want.

thanks for the help hon :)

3/15/2006 12:02:00 pm

 
Blogger Rosario said...

Hmmm, I'm going to have to give The Eight a try. Do you remember if there are any crucial plot points based on word play, or something like that? Because I seem to remember seeing a copy in Spanish in my mom's shelves, and when I read The Da Vinci Code (which I also did in Spanish), it drove me crazy that I couldn't read the real words they had to use to decode messages.

3/16/2006 01:06:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home