Great job and Holy Shit!! There were no tartans or plaids or kilts before the 19th century!? What the %#^@$ are authors doing then! I feel dirty.
Okay, Maili, you have to recommend a book that tells me about Scotland. No, it doesn't have to be a romance but some kind of one would be nice ... unless you're thinking of a resource book and then I would need a map to help me out. I need to be able to picture where things are happening.
I have friends who are Campbells and I remember at one of their weddings there was joking going on about the Campbells wiping out the brides family in history (can't remember their name). According to my friend her people were a blood thirsty lot. Makes me wonder now if they knew this for a fact or if it was a myth or legend that was passed down. I mean, they're Canadian ;)
Canada's history can be boringly political but what people forget is that we kicked ass more than a few times. I apparently have every European country's blood running in my veins, a real heinz 57 I am. I hear there is Irish in our blood which may explain my temper. It takes a lot to make me mad but when I blow, look out!
Anyways, well done! I knew there was something wrong with Scottish historicals because you have mentioned it oh so slightly here and there but I had no clue they had it soooo wrong! I thought it was only the brogue you had a problem with. Oi!
4 Comments:
Real nice interview. Interesting too. Good one :)
8/27/2005 02:07:00 pm
Loved the interview.
8/27/2005 02:18:00 pm
Heh! Thank you, Melly and Nicole. :)
8/27/2005 06:14:00 pm
Great job and Holy Shit!! There were no tartans or plaids or kilts before the 19th century!? What the %#^@$ are authors doing then! I feel dirty.
Okay, Maili, you have to recommend a book that tells me about Scotland. No, it doesn't have to be a romance but some kind of one would be nice ... unless you're thinking of a resource book and then I would need a map to help me out. I need to be able to picture where things are happening.
I have friends who are Campbells and I remember at one of their weddings there was joking going on about the Campbells wiping out the brides family in history (can't remember their name). According to my friend her people were a blood thirsty lot. Makes me wonder now if they knew this for a fact or if it was a myth or legend that was passed down. I mean, they're Canadian ;)
Canada's history can be boringly political but what people forget is that we kicked ass more than a few times. I apparently have every European country's blood running in my veins, a real heinz 57 I am. I hear there is Irish in our blood which may explain my temper. It takes a lot to make me mad but when I blow, look out!
Anyways, well done! I knew there was something wrong with Scottish historicals because you have mentioned it oh so slightly here and there but I had no clue they had it soooo wrong! I thought it was only the brogue you had a problem with. Oi!
CindyS
8/28/2005 07:39:00 am
Post a Comment
<< Home