Tuesday, August 30

Remind Me

--not to drink and blog. I'm trying not to cringe over what I wrote last night. I wanted to delete it, but there are many nice responses, so it's staying up. Well, that teaches me a lesson for mixing blog with booze because when I'm mullered, I get sentimental. Will hasn't read it yet as he has to leave for work, so I have to think of a way to break the news to him that I went sentimental on him in front of this world. He'll probably be amused by my mortification. In fact I think he'll laugh at me. Ha. Lesson #4189: Booze + blog = bad idea. In case you're getting busy for the Labor weekend over there in the US, have a wonderful time and hope to see you around when you have the time. :) Be good, be bad & be safe.

9 Comments:

Blogger Megan Frampton said...

That was a great post. Your marriage sounds like mine. And I've done some drunk blogging, too, so it's nice to know I'm not alone, although you're a lot more coherent than I usually am when tipsy.

8/30/2005 12:22:00 pm

 
Blogger Melly said...

I missed that post yesterday, but of course went and read it as soon as I finished the second sentence.

Great post. Wish I could write like that when I'm drunk.

8/30/2005 12:33:00 pm

 
Blogger lost said...

Megan - lol. Thank you for making me feel better. Oh, I wasn't that drunk as I was starting to sober up [as well as getting mawky]. I'm grateful that I didn't blog anything that is well in TMI-land, though. :>

Melly - lol. Thank you, but when I'm truly mullered, no one - not even me - understands my line of thinking. So I'm very, very grateful that I didn't make a prat of my self. Not 100%, anyway. :>

8/30/2005 01:41:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm making a print-out for my walking buddy even as I read - I always tell her we should put a post-it on our screen: "Don't email while drinking white wine." Good advice for us all (although I thought your blog was great - and very coherent).

8/30/2005 02:03:00 pm

 
Blogger Tara Marie said...

Loved your marriage blog. Your's sounds like mine too. What is it about fighting over the stupidest things? We all do it.

I'm with Melly, wish I could write like that when drunk, but of course, I such a cheap drunk (one is enough) I don't bother drinking.

8/30/2005 04:13:00 pm

 
Blogger Karen Scott said...

I've never blogged under the influence of drink before, I just may have to try it... it looks fun *g*

8/30/2005 07:55:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Will stories. Sounds like most of all you two have fun which is really the most important thing of all!


I didn't see the answer to your other question though. How do mermaids have sex? 'Cause I have wondered that myself.

8/30/2005 10:02:00 pm

 
Blogger lost said...

Janet W. -- It's nice to know that someone is getting something useful out of my experience. :D Thank you for that lovely compliment.

Tara Marie - True. I have to admit the stupidest squabble we've had was over whether GIF/gif [an image file suffix] should be capitalised. [FWIW, according to a style guide, yes, it should be]. :> Thanks.

KarenS - You had the opportunity when you got legless last Saturday! Next time you get legless, go blogging. All in the name of our nation, of course.

Kristie - heh, thanks for that. Oh, we didn't come to a conclusion. Meljean Brooks might know as she's discussed this with her hubby. But it's a valid question, I feel. I'll do some research. :D

8/31/2005 02:02:00 am

 
Blogger CindyS said...

Let's just say that drinking and blogging looks much better than what I was going to do last night. Furious with Bob and blogging - I managed to refrain - Thank God because I am sure someone would have been forced to call the police ;)

It's really funny, everyone I was with last night was happily drunk while I can't touch alcohol because of meds (and well, the last time I had a drink (one drink!) I was super ill). I avoid illness at all costs, so no drink for me.

All the same, last night I really, really, really wanted a Singapore Sling or a Tom Collins - yep, no wine or beer for me, could never stand the stuff. Ah well, all is better in my world again. It's amazing what a good cry and chat can do for you.

CindyS

8/31/2005 03:21:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home