Men in Kilts
Short story: I gambled on a bet, and lost.
My "reward": twenty photos of men in kilts on my blog and I am not allowed to be nasty nor put the kilt in bad light. Huh.
I found almost all these through Google, so none is mine. My apologies to owners/copyright holders for borrowing these without permission. A word of protest in my ear, I promise I'll take it down instantly. [And happily.]
Click on an image to enlarge.
Kill me now.
Be good, be a bad loser and be safe.

15 Comments:
Wow! You must have thought you had a dead ringer!
When I graduated from university I had a male class mate that was very handsome. Well, you can have blown me over when he showed up for graduation in his full Scottish garb. He was gorgeous. The pictures you have put up ... not so gorgeous ;)
CindyS
8/31/2005 03:25:00 am
Dear me Maili, you couldn't find better examples? Sigh. *g*
8/31/2005 08:28:00 am
I guess the old joke about what a Scot wears under his kilt is true!!??!!
8/31/2005 11:59:00 am
I adore the picture of the giggling, ecstatic young boys and the stoical bagpipe player.
Made my day ... now I can resign myself to office work.
8/31/2005 01:25:00 pm
Hey, I love the new "do" on your blog!!!!!
8/31/2005 03:25:00 pm
ROFL! Oh I love it. Now if I can stop laughing.
8/31/2005 03:58:00 pm
Well, if these aren't some of the sexiest pics I've ever seen.
What was the bet about?
What have you done to deserve this?
8/31/2005 04:03:00 pm
I must agree with KarenS. Those examples are not exactly mouthwatering which I'm sure was your intention, lol.
Scots in kilts are (still) all the rage in Germany thanks to Gabaldon, about 50 % of all historical romances published in German are about highland romance with strapping, half-naked would-be Scots on the cover. One of my former class mates actually called her daughter Brianna (!!!) because of Gabaldon's blasted books.
Apropos Gabaldon, I have seen you refer to her books a lot of times at AAR where you said that she's not historically correct at all despite all the raving fans who steadfastly claim the opposite. Maybe you could post a blog about what is wrong about Gabaldon's Scot paradise one day if the very topic doesn't give you the hives?
Kerstin
8/31/2005 04:06:00 pm
CindyS - you lost me with 'dead ringer' [which I take to mean 'doppelgänger']. Explain, please? Thanks. :>
Karen - well, she didn't say I have to find pretty men in kilts. She just said, "Twenty pixs of men in kilts". Please give me a break. I think I'm incredibly courageous for having these on my blog at all. Very courageous.
Yet here you are, complaining that these men aren't pretty enough to tickle your fancy?
Well, I have two specific words for you, but I won't say them loud 'cos I know you'd come and find me, then make me cry with a popular childhood torture device, the Chinese burn.
Tara Marie - yup, and it's also true that the majority of Scottish men are not pretty.
Sherryfair - I'm glad it gave you a good laugh, too. :> Thank you.
Suzanne - ah, thank you, mite. :)
Sharon - :D Thank you.
Melly - Aw, come on, give me a break. Please see that there are kilts! Isn't that good enough? *cries* Oh, the bet was I could win a game of squash, but she thrashed me big time.
I was well humiliated and she chose to push it further by choosing to get me to put those pixs on my blog because she knows the sight of a kilt pisses me off.
What have I done to deserve this? Um, to be fair, she hasn't forgiven me for making her sing There's No One Quite Like Grandma loudly in her work office [after she lost a bet].
Kerstin - heh, you've pinned my intention to wall. Well spotted. :D Hm. I wonder why Scots in kilts are popular in Germany? I can understand Poland and the like, but Germany? Weird. :)
I did write a blog post about Gabaldon's book, citing examples and comparisons to explain why I disagree with Gabaldon's "interpretations". I had a mirgaine out of it. And a trip to hospital to bring down my blood pressure. Would I write it again? Hm, not too sure. Oh, hey, when I drink and blog again, I'll go for that. How's that? :D
8/31/2005 04:36:00 pm
I admit I think hot men in a proper kilt are sexy. What I don't like is un-hot men, and designer kilts. The kilt has become the formal Scottish male dress thanks to Sir Walter Scott, lol, and thus part of history. As long as we're aware this is a rather recent development and doesn't go back to Cinaéd McAlpín, I'm ok with it.
8/31/2005 07:36:00 pm
Yikes, what does this program to the accents? Weird.
Ok, one more try, without accent: Cinaed McAlpin
8/31/2005 09:06:00 pm
Gabriele - accents come out okay at this end, but it does come out quirky for the others. So you like hot men in kilts? You sad cow! Shame on you! I so disown you.
:D [A gentle reminder: it's Cinéad, not Cinaéd.]
8/31/2005 09:13:00 pm
But ... but if you disown me, I must look for a rich Scottish lord to save me from poverty. I'm so not going to become a governess.
I've found the spelling Cinaéd in a history book - have to look which one, but it was a modern one (though Cinéad makes more sense now I think about it). I've come across Ciniod, too, but I think that's an attempt to render the Pictish variant of the name. They really should have developed some spelling rules back then. ;)
8/31/2005 11:50:00 pm
Btw, I wrote a short story featuring Cinaed some time ago. It's here (I've changed the spelling of his name).
9/01/2005 12:00:00 am
Whoops, I was tired and some how I couldn't think straight and dead ringer came out which apparently means - wow, you look exactly like Gweneth Paltrow = you're a dead ringer for GP.
I was thinking of it in terms of horse shoes and that if you hit the mark dead on the shoe will ring around the pole. Yep, not sure where I came up with that one.
I was trying to say that you must have been 100% sure of yourself or you wouldn't have made the bet. Of course now that I have read about the bet I guess you are more of a gambler ;)
Okay, to make this real fun for Maili why don't all those who have blogs put up pics of men in kilts ;)
CindyS
9/01/2005 08:49:00 am
Post a Comment
<< Home